15 week update

Friday, September 14, 2012


How Far Along: 15 weeks

Size of baby: About 4 inches, not including the legs.  Baby is hanging out about two inches under my bellybutton.

Total Weight Gain/Loss: 5lbs!! I didn't even think that it was possible to gain weight on an exclusive yogurt diet, but...apparently it is.

Maternity Clothes:I bought three maternity shirts at Target and wear them every day; they are super loose and kind of disguise my awkward belly. I also bought one pair of maternity shorts, but they frighten me, so I just wear my regular shorts unbuttoned.

Gender:????

Movement: I think so...maybe...??? Sometimes when I am laying down, I feel a little funny, tickle-y, fluttery feeling. It usually only lasts a few seconds, so it is hard to be certain. Can't wait for real kicks!

Sleep: Tired all the time but having a terrible time sleeping. I usually wake up 2-3 times a night to pee, eat, or barf (sometimes all three). I have slept through the night exactly four times since my "morning" sickness kicked in at five weeks. They were four of the happiest days of my life. (I've already informed this baby that s/he will be forgiven no matter what...but that it would really speed along the healing process if s/he would just be a really good sleeper after birth). 
What I miss: Feeling good

Cravings: Do Sweet Tarts count? I go through a pack a day. Sucking on them helps with the nausea a lot, especially if I am someplace where I am unable to eat immediately.

Symptoms: Super swollen gums, sore hips/tailbone, fatigue, nausea, bloody noses, etc. etc. At least the headaches and acne are gone.

Best Moment this week: Had a doctor's appointment and heard that little heart beating away in there. Everything looked and sounded good! And I scheduled the big anatomy scan for the second week in October! Things are going fast all of the sudden.

3 comments:

  1. I am so excited for you! I can't wait to see you again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!!! CONGRATULATIOOOONSSS COURT!!! Te deseooo lo mejor en esta nueva etapa que empiezas!! seguro serás la mejorrrr mama del mundo! tienes toda la madera para serlo :P cuando crezca me l@ tendrás que mandar para que haga un intercambio conmigo y aprenda español ehh!!..... Te mando un besote!!! mucha suerte y felicidades :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your post made me happy and sad. You are going to make it, sister. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete

 

© Sand, sunshine, and sushi All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger