21 Weeks

Friday, October 26, 2012

Somehow, in the midst of all of these pregnancy symptoms, ranging from pesky to miserable, I have forgotten what being pregnant means. I've been frustrated to still be sick enough to need medication at this late stage and whining about throwing up/heartburn/hip pain/etc., but somewhere in there I forgot that we are going to have a baby.

But she won't let me forget anymore! This is one active, feisty little girl! We can already see her kicks from the outside. Daddy is still her favorite, always able to elicit kicks by talking to her. She suddenly seems so real. I talk to her throughout the day, and I can't believe how much I love her already. I didn't know you could love somebody this much who you haven't even met. I can't wait to meet her! But I also know that I am going to miss feeling her rolling around and kicking inside of me.

Here are the latest stats!


How Far Along: 21 weeks. Officially in the 2nd half of this pregnancy.

Size of baby: Somewhere between 10 and 11 inches. When she stretches out, I can feel her on both sides of my belly at the same time! 

Total Weight Gain/Loss: Approaching uncharted territory on the scale. You can expect to see this section disappear soon. 
Maternity Clothes: I went shopping!!! It was time. I don't know what took me so long, these clothes are waaaay more comfortable. I know I will be tired of them in a few months, but for now I am loving my elastic!

Movement: Is it too early to sign this kid up for sports?? She is super active and really strong!  Daddy and chocolate are her favorite, and seat belts are her nemesis.

Sleep: Besides a few pee breaks, I sleep great.

What I miss: Coffee on the days that I work

Cravings: Just water. I am always thirsty.

Symptoms: Heartburn and some continued nausea and vomiting.  I am also having more trouble bending over...everything gets all squished and apparently the path of least resistance leads to my lungs. Tying my shoes has become an exercise in holding my breath. I've also started getting Braxton Hicks contractions a few times a day. They don't hurt or anything, but they feel really funny!

Best Moment this week: Still love feeling her move!! 

I am super impressed with my bellybutton. It is not an innie any more, but it hasn't popper out yet either.

1 comments:

  1. Look at that adorable bump! She must have had a crazy growth spurt since the last time I saw you. You look great :).

    ReplyDelete

 

© Sand, sunshine, and sushi All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger