Baby and Belly Updates


First of all, Baby Fry is a GIRL! We had an ultrasound at 15 weeks and it looked like lady parts, but since it was early we held off on the announcement. We had another ultrasound this week, though, and it is definitely a baby girl in there!! (And good thing, too, because I would have a lot of returns to make otherwise!)


Baby girl was folded in half with her feet in her face for most of the appointment, but she briefly unfolded at the end and we got a good profile shot. 

 This 3D image was from the 15 week ultrasound. That is her umbilical cord by her face, not creepy long fingers. She kept chewing on the umbilical cord during that scan; I think she is trying to break out.
This is from 15 weeks, too. You can see that she doesn't like to sit still for long.

We also bought a crib this week. I don't know why, but this seems like a really big deal to me. Paul laughs at me for thinking it is weird to have a crib in our house, because in reality it it much weirder to have a baby in me. He is right, but every time I walk into the guest room/nursery and see it, I am taken aback. I'll post a picture once we get a mattress and bedding and such all set up.

And here are the belly and the stats:


How Far Along: 19 weeks! One week until the half-way point!
When I think about being pregnant for another 4 1/2 to 5 months, it seems SOOO long. But then when I think about having a baby in our lives in 4 1/2 to 5 months... well, that seems soon. Very, very soon.

Size of baby: About 10 inches, head to toe! According to the ultrasound tech, she weighs 9oz.

Total Weight Gain/Loss: Not sure...Dr's appointment in a few days so I guess I'll find out. I'm not really worried about this number any more, though. There was some initial concern that I wasn't gaining enough because of being sick, but I'm making progress now and as long as baby girl is ok, I'm ok.

Maternity Clothes: I pretty much wear the same three outfits every day.

Movement:You bet! Sometimes I feel soft bumps and rolls, and other times she really lets me have it. When she really gets going, Paul has no trouble feeling her. She obviously loves her daddy, because he can pretty much put his hand on my belly any time and start talking to her and she will start kicking him.

Sleep: Well, I wake up a lot still, but I guess that is something I need to get used to. I can make it through the night without barfing or eating, so I am going to accept this and be thankful.

What I miss: Not much right now. I'd say I'm a pretty happy camper.

Cravings:Nothing consistent, but I am very easily swayed by suggestion. If we are driving and we pass Chipotle, for instance, I might decide that I NEED IT RIGHT NOW. Last Sunday I saw a picture of Eggs Benedict online... and within half an hour we were at my favorite breakfast restaurant.

Symptoms: Not much to complain about. My back gets sore quickly if I do anything out of the ordinary (like lie in a dentist chair for an hour or wear high heels to work). Oh, and I am THIRSTY. Like, really, really, really thirsty. Thirsty like only a salt-loving pregnant woman living in the desert can be thirsty. 
Best Moment this week: Every time I feel this baby girl move is the best moment =) And of course the big anatomy scan ultrasound! Heart, spine, brain, umbilical cord, placenta, and whatever else the tech checked for all looked good!

1 comments:

  1. A girl?!? Yay! Zoe will be so excited. She would have been excited either way though :) Eric says "it's a PJ thing." in regards to having a gal. Apparently it is 75% girl babies... a very scientific poll i am sure. Anyway, thanks for sharing this update! After reading I am wishing we still lived close and I knew all of this because we lived just down the street and had just shared some lentil soup & bread for dinner :) And some layer bars!!! Hope you are feeling well. A new update soon please!

    ReplyDelete

 

© Sand, sunshine, and sushi All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger