17 Week Update

Thursday, September 27, 2012


17 Weeks already??

I finally feel pregnant -- something about not fitting into my clothes and feeling this little baby kick me all day long makes it seem more real all the sudden (At least being pregnant feels real...still not sure about actually having a baby and being a parent. Yikes.) I am also starting to feel human again, which is a-maz-ing. I forgot what it felt like to feel good....and it is awesome. So long as I take zofran before bed every night, I am pretty much feeling like my old self during the day. I even like eating again!

I also can't believe how large my belly is! Look at that thing! My first thought when I wake up every morning is either "Oh, wow, it's still there!" or "Oh geez, did it get bigger??" In fact, I think my belly button's days are numbered. It's not an "outie" yet, but it is getting mighty shallow.  Let me tell you, though: getting fat is a lot more fun than throwing up!

Other than all that, nothing big is going on around here. Paul has been working a lot, including most Saturdays. He's been traveling a lot, too. He was in Alabama for awhile, got stranded in San Antonio for a weekend, spent a week in New York... and between now and Thanksgiving has trips lined up for San Diego, Colorado Springs, Spokane, and Yuma.

As for me, now that I am feeling good again (yay!), I am going to go back to work. I signed up this week to be a substitute at the school I taught at last year. I have subbed before, and it isn't exactly my favorite job, but I think it is the best option for me right now. This way I can take off days when I need to without any hassle, and I think that it should be better since I already know the students and staff. Plus, no planning or grading! I start next week, so we'll see how it goes.

Anyway, here are the stats for week 17:


How Far Along: 17 weeks

Size of baby: About 5.5 inches, head to bum

Total Weight Gain/Loss: I'm up 7 lbs

Maternity Clothes: Still scared of anything with a full elastic panel, but I am running out of options. Before, I could fake it with my regular shorts, but not so much any more. Any non-maternity piece of clothing with an elastic waist band is my best friend.

Movement:Yes and I love it!!!! At first it was just a subtle fluttery feeling, but I am feeling solid kicks and rolls now. It is the best feeling!! I can't wait for Paul to be able to feel it, too.

Sleep: Still not sleeping through the night. I guess I should get used to it.
What I miss: Fall weather! It has been a few years since I've lived somewhere with cool fall weather and I miss it.

Cravings:I don't tend to have a lot of cravings. In fact, my whole life I have LOVED sweets...and now that I have an excuse to eat them, I don't really care for them. I mostly like crunchy, healthy foods... salad, carrot sticks, cucumbers, pita chips, green pepper slices.

Symptoms: I feel like I can't complain much any more. I'm usually mildly uncomfortable in about a dozen ways at any given point in time, but I feel SO MUCH BETTER than a few weeks ago that I am a pretty happy camper. The nausea is almost entirely gone, which is the greatest feeling. I still sleep a lot, but I can make it through the day without a nap and still be alright. I've got some weird issues going on with my gums, but my dentist is awesome and that is getting better, too.

Best Moment this week: Feeling really solid little baby kicks!

3 comments:

  1. You look beautiful! Also, students miss you a lot, so I know they will be glad to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I just started following you from the March Birth Club group. Love your blog!

    We live in south Texas now, and I too am desperately missing the fall, cool weather. I'm drinking a (decaf) pumpkin spice latte this morning...but it's just not the same.

    You look adorable, and I'm so happy for you that most of your symptoms have passed!

    http://prairiestopencilskirts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. You certainly do look gorgeous. Your baby bump is super adorable. The good news about becoming a parent is that it is also a slow progression of crazy. Newborn Land is your first stop. No sleep there, but LOTS of cuteness. And s/he won't give you any attitude yet. Dreamy. :-)

    ReplyDelete

 

© Sand, sunshine, and sushi All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger