Pumpkin Patch

Monday, October 24, 2011

We have been growing weary of summertime here. Despite lighting autumn-scented candles, making apple pies, and obstinately wearing scarves, the reality of this 95 degree October weather is getting to us. So we were intrigued when we heard there was a pumpkin patch about 40 minutes north of us. Surely it must be cooler, and somehow more autumnal, at a pumpkin patch, right?

Wrong.

There were palm trees and cotton fields surrounding the pumpkins, and it was actually warmer, at a cozy 98 degrees. BUT: there were pumpkins. And farm animals, hay stacks, corn mazes and train rides. Being the only pumpkin patch in the area, they charged you separately for each activity but, all in all, it was a fun afternoon with friends at the farm. Take a look:

We are amused that this picture looks like a maternity photo shot. 

This little guy is awfully cute.

We did get a little lost, but had fun exploring the cotton fields.
Janice and Phil got creative with the cotton balls (before noticing the caterpillars).
Any idea what crop that is behind us? We have no idea.


It certainly wasn't the kind of (rainy, muddy, gray, and cold) pumpkin patch experience of my pacific northwest childhood, but it was fun nonetheless. On the upside, I think the inside of the pumpkin is already cooked so making the pie should be simple!

2 comments:

  1. YAY!!! I can't even tell you how excited I am that you have joined the blog world!! I am so happy I get to keep up with the Fry's!! Now maybe living on opposite ends of the country won't seem so far away! You guys are hilarious! I seriously LOL'ed at the "maternity" pumpkin photo!! :) I'm already excited for your next post! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to try again! We really love your blog. I hope I can get this to go this time. I did not realize how scared I should have been until you sent the pictures of those monsters that live among you! I mean the bugs and such, tee hee! Anyway we love you and miss you but I am going to have fun making pillows and napkins rings for you. Love You

    ReplyDelete

 

© Sand, sunshine, and sushi All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger