Overheard in the hallway

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Teaching middle schoolers is both the best and worst thing that has happened to me this year, which makes for a lot of good stories. I anticipate writing about them a lot, so I figure I ought to introduce you. I'll let them do the explaining.

Here are some snippets of conversations I have overheard:


“Do you think they had desks back in the 60s?”
“Doubt it. What would they have even used them for?”

“Did you hear Steve Jobs died?”
“What?? Is that going to delay the release of the new iPhone??”
"I hope not, I've had my old iPhone for almost a year now."

“Everything that happens in this world only happens because God wants it to happen that way.”
“But then why do we make choices?”
“We don't. The Theory of Christianity says so.”
"But Mrs.___ always says I'm making bad choices."

“How old do you think Mrs. Fry is?”
“Oh I don’t know, probably like in her fifties. Pretty old at least.”

“You idiot, that’s not Oprah it’s the first lady!”

And the day I highlighted my hair: "You look brighter today."



4 comments:

  1. Best blog ever!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Should be required reading for all teachers who need a smile at the end of the day. Your kids probably think my desk was a rock in a cave :) Maybe it was!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can't be in your 50's...that would make me really ancient! Funny kids!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahahaha oh my word! hilarious! the "Theory of Christianity" God love 'em. :)

    ReplyDelete

 

© Sand, sunshine, and sushi All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger