Desert in bloom

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Spring is here! Spring is here! Never mind the fact that we have already said farewell to 2-digit temperatures, look at the flowers!


This isn't going to be a wordy post, so enjoy the pictures and feel free to steal a new desktop background picture if you'd like.





Ok... maybe just a few words, but this is interesting!

Did you know that some stores will glue fake flowers to their cacti in order to entice you to buy them? There is such a thing as a "strawflower," which grows on a different plant entirely. When properly dried, it maintains its color and continues to open and close for up to a month...even when glued to a cactus! See, interesting, right?












2 comments:

  1. I know my flowers well enough to not be fooled!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you pick those flowers? I would definitely try and I have a feeling that might not end well. They are so pretty!

    Ok how much longer until Paul is home? It has to be soon, right? You have been on my mind lately because I know how looooooong those last few weeks of waiting are. I will be praying that things go well and he is home without any delays. Husband home and a summer vacation, your next few months sound blissful!!

    ReplyDelete

 

© Sand, sunshine, and sushi All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger