Press-KIT

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Last week, Paul attended what he dubbed a "crazy, mind voo-doo, hypnosis shooting course" up in Presscott. The course was apparently very effective, despite its less-than-conventional methods, and even if it hadn't been it would have still been a great reason to get out of Tucson. The weekend directly following the course, we had plans to attend a wedding in southern Utah. So rather than have Paul drive four hours south to Tucson, only to get in the car that same day and make the 9-hour trip to Utah, I drove up to Prescott two days before the wedding.


I had nothing to do all day while in Prescott, which wasn't much different than not having anything to do all day in Tucson, except it was 15 degrees cooler. So I made my own fun! (Note: I am not complaining! I LOVE summer break and I don't want anything to do!)



I like Prescott a lot. It feels like home, just like the signs boast. The people are really friendly and kind- every time I sat down to try to read in the park or drink coffee at a cafe, someone would notice I was from out of town and come say hi.They were even nice to me when I said "Press-cot" instead of the (obviously) correct "Press-kit." I would be indignant, but I come from a state where "Sequim" is "squim," "Kalaloch" is "clay-lock," and names like Puyallup, Nisqually, Snohomish, Snoqualmie and Samamish are common (Let's not forget Humptulips, Skamanaia, Pe Ell, Utsalady, Washtucna,Wahkiacus Klickitat, Kittitas,Skookumchuck Quillayute, Pysht, or La Push).

Anyway, like I was saying: I like Prescott, especially because there is water!

My original plan was to go kayaking on my first morning in town, but the water level was too low and the rental company was closed for the season. So instead I found some hiking trails and went around the lake, which was a bit hotter but still fun.



I managed to make a friend at the lake.  I scared him upon our first encounter, so he decided to follow me around and exact his revenge by flying low and swooping over me whenever I was least expecting it.


Besides the water and greenery, the town itself is adorable. Dogs are allowed in all the stores, which is kind of fun, there is no traffic, and all of the food was incredible.




All in all, a cute town and a fun getaway! Pics from Utah coming soon...

1 comments:

  1. It looks great! I can't wait to catch up with you in July!

    ReplyDelete

 

© Sand, sunshine, and sushi All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger