26 weeks

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Almost third trimester! March can't get here soon enough. 

(95 days until my due date!)

I've still been having a lot of contractions, but not quite as bad as before. At my last appointment, the midwife confirmed that I wasn't having Braxton Hicks contractions, but regular old labor contractions. Generally speaking, that isn't a good thing, but there was the smallest part of me that was relieved to hear that validation, because everything I have read about BH contractions is that they are "mild" and "painless"...and these hurt like hell. I was worried that if those were the "mild and painless" contractions, I was in for trouble when the real thing hit. 

But now, a week later, things seem to be going a bit better. With some seriously restricted activity (but no bed rest!) and antibiotics for a minor infection, my body seems like it is less intent on causing problems. Most important, baby girl is doing great. I still get more contractions that what is normal at this point, but they aren't as intense or frequent, so I am allowed to do more, which is awesome!

Taking advantage of my expanded freedom, Paul and I drove to San Diego last weekend. I always dread the 6 hour drive through the desert, but it is worth it every single time! Plus, we had several good reasons to visit: 

1. We aren't going to have many chances for spontaneous weekends away in the very near future
2. A good friend of both of ours was going to be in San Diego for a day
3. If I have to restrict my activity, I might as well restrict it on the beach!

We had a great time! It was in the mid 70's and beautiful. We split our time between Coronado Island and La Jolla, enjoying the beach and sunshine. 

November should always look like this.

     
 We had a great time meeting up with our friend and his girlfriend, too. Now we are back in Tucson, counting down the days until Christmas. Also counting down until March (or late February if this baby loves me). Here is the latest:

BIG belly!
 
How Far Along: 26 weeks/ 6.5 months

Size of baby:approximately 14 inches, somewhere between 1.5-2 lbs


Maternity Clothes: Yep!

Movement: Still lots of movement. Can't believe how big she is getting! I can feel her up in my ribs, down at my hips, and everywhere in between.
Sleep: Elusive.

What I miss: Being able to bend over, reach my ankles, and access the lower drawers and cupboards in our house!

Cravings: Oranges (but that doesn't exactly help the heartburn)

Symptoms:Heartburn, nausea, sore back, contractions, and a little bit of a waddle.
(I tried going off Zofran for a day. BIG mistake. Very big, messy mistake). 

Best Moment this week: On Monday, I slept through the night for only the 6th time this pregnancy. It was glorious.

1 comments:

  1. LOVE your updates! And I can't wait to be your babysitter when we move there!

    ReplyDelete

 

© Sand, sunshine, and sushi All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger