6 months!

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

The latest and greatest adventure for me is an "irritable uterus."  Which is to say, I have recently been experiencing all of the warning signs of preterm labor, except that I am not actually experiencing preterm labor. More than 4 contractions an hour? Check. Contractions that don't get better with water, rest, or changes in activity? Check. Lower back ache? Feelings of pressure? Contractions increasing in intensity? Check, check, check. But, my cervix isn't dilating, is shorter than it used to be but still at an ok length, and baby is happy and as active as ever.

So now what? I am supposed to stay off my feet, rest up, and wait it out. They did a fetal fibronectin test, which came back negative (hooray!!) which means that there is a 99% chance that I won't go into labor in the next two weeks. So the plan is to go in every two weeks for monitoring until these go away or baby reaches term, whichever happens first. I am really hoping to avoid complete bed rest (and be allowed to go home for the holidays!), but ultimately praying to keep this baby cooking for another three and a half months, no matter what it takes! 

Today is day 6 of "taking it easy" and I am already super bored. Expect lots of blog posts and facebook stalking from me. On a related note, any good book recommendations (did you know you can borrow/lend books with kindle for free)? Easy knitting projects? Other entertainment that can be done from the couch?


How Far Along: 24 weeks/6 months

Size of baby:Around one foot long and a bit more than one pound! So big already, but lots of cooking left to do!


Maternity Clothes: I am in stretchy clothes full time. Looooove my maternity leggings (especially because they were only $12 at H&M!).

Movement: Still lots of movement. She is head down now so I am feeling movement in some new places (some places being more comfortable than others).

Sleep: Back to having trouble sleeping, this time thanks to some major heart burn.

What I miss: Plenty of things, but I'm willing to give them up without complaint if this little girl stays in for a few more months.

Cravings: Water, chocolate chip cookies, fruit, and tums

Symptoms: Heartburn, occasional nausea, lots of contractions, and a quickly growing abdomen. BUT I haven't thrown up in over a week!!! Might be able to get rid of the Zofran soon!

Best Moment this week: Negative fetal fibronectin test, feeling lots of baby movement 

Please pray that my body figures things out and that this little baby stays in for a few more months!!

(And if you have a kindle and would let me borrow a book or two, that would be super awesome!) 

2 comments:

  1. At my last appointment, my OB told me that if we were going to save the cord blood that we needed to go ahead and order the kit because technically, any time after 24 weeks, the baby is viable. It's one of those things that I "knew", but hadn't really thought about...and it freaked me out a bit!

    I hope "taking it easy" is the remedy you need for your body to figure things out! But, like you said, whatever it takes to keep little girl baking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're looking fantastic. Yay to the no throwing up! I hope you keep feeling better, tell that little girl to stay in there!

    ReplyDelete

 

© Sand, sunshine, and sushi All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger