Life in pictures

Thursday, January 31, 2013


...not my own pictures, of course. That would be waaaaaay too much work. Stealing funny pictures off of Pinterest is much more my style these days!
 
 Ah, the bed. The place where sleeping happens...theoretically. Paul claims that I am the worst person ever to sleep with right now. He cracked up when I showed him this picture. I can't argue with him, though: I see what the bed looks like in the morning -- and all night long, for that matter, because I am awake. I am constantly waking up because something is numb, some new shooting pain, acid reflux, hot flashes, or because I need three more pillows. Or of course because of:

...potty breaks. All. Night. Long.

 Paul and I have been going to Birth Classes at my midwives' office. We aren't sure if they are useful or not, but the videos sure are interesting. I'm glad I won't be able to see any of that business from my end.


Much like this camel, I am now entering the phase of, "Could that be a sign that labor is near??" The answer, of course, is always: could be, but who knows? Because of course it isn't really that predictable, especially when you've never done it. But when you are desperate to feel decent again (again? did I ever feel well?), your mind just goes there.

35+ weeks

I don't know if I'll do any more of those formatted updates. Long story short, I am pregnant.  Very pregnant, and very uncomfortable. If I can feel it, it hurts. I pee constantly. Walking hurts...but so does sitting...and lying down gives me heartburn...wah wah wah. As uncomfortable as I am, though, I am finding myself surprisingly emotionally ok with everything. I remember back in August, when I was throwing up ALLLLLL day long regardless of how much Zofran I took, Paul would come home from work and I would start sobbing about how I just couldn't possibly feel sick for an entire nine months. But now, the finish line is near....really near...so I think I *might* just possibly make it =) I am getting pretty darn excited to meet this baby, and it is encouraging to know that the aches and pains mean her arrival is getting closer! I think we are about as "ready" as we will ever be, so ... I just keep counting down! 32 days until my due date!

Coming soon: nursery pictures and an update on us moving.

2 comments:

  1. I can totally relate to the bed diagram and sleeping issues. Either one or the other gets a good night's sleep...never both of us at the same time.
    You know, prior to pregnancy, I always scoffed at women who would try to induce (natural or otherwise) prior to 40 weeks, thinking that they were selfish and didn't really have their baby's best interest at heart. But now I know, and understand. And I no longer judge ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! You're getting SO close! you look amazing, by the way. Where are you moving to?!?! Across town, maybe? ;) pweaseeee not let it be away from Tucson, at least not until Christmas time.... ;) We are SO excited to get there (me probably more than Tyler, since he's actually doing training and I'm just...teaching...sigh...) :) way to go, though! I love your updates!

    ReplyDelete

 

© Sand, sunshine, and sushi All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger