Making room for baby

Monday, February 4, 2013

We realized not too long ago that we needed to start making some room for this baby in our home.  

Our first step was converting the guest bedroom/office into a guest bedroom/nursery. We gave the desk to Goodwill and put the bookshelf into our bedroom to make some space...and then spent the next several weeks just tossing baby gear at random into the room until it looked like a disorganized garage sale.

We finally have everything finished, though. Now we just need a baby to put in there!

Before




After:


My mom made all of the bedding!


Our friends put their swing in their living room a few weeks before their little one was born to get the dogs used to it. I am doing the same thing, but for the benefit of Paul and myself.

She already has more drawers in the bathroom than her dad.

Hospital bag, diaper bag, and carseat are ready to go.

So, technically, I guess we are as ready for this lady as we will ever be! I am 36 weeks today, which means that if she were born today she could probably come right home with us. Crazy to think!

4 comments:

  1. Everything looks amazing! The bedding your mom made is gorgeous, I love the pastel colors.

    I hope you're feeling great! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. ummm...awesome! except for..am I missing something--what does the "A" stand for?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recognize a lot of that baby gear! We set up our pack n' play in our living room a month ago, mainly so we could get used to it taking up space...the dogs ignore it like any other piece of furniture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's adorable! We have some of our nursery set up, and our formal dining room is serving as our baby "stuff" storage facility at the moment. I like the idea of getting the swing and such set up to get used to...canine or otherwise ; )

    ReplyDelete

 

© Sand, sunshine, and sushi All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger