Family visit

Thursday, December 8, 2011

For the first time since 2007, I got to spend Thanksgiving with family this year! It may have taken widespread flooding back in Washington (fun fact: did you know that WA gets more rain in the month of November than Tucson gets in an average year?), but my folks were finally able to make the flight south to come visit.

We spent Thanksgiving at my grandparents' house in Phoenix, which I have no pictures of because my dear husband may or may not have broken my phone on Thanksgiving day. But the food was delicious, the company was good good, and our activity level was minimal. Perfect.

Black Friday found us driving down to Tucson. Our tiny little 2-bedroom town house was full to bursting with all 7 of us, but it all worked out.
There are 4 people in this picture. Can you find them?
Friday night, the girls dug out and set up the Christmas decorations, while the boys fought an epic battle for world domination and ate junk food.

Ryan won, and couldn't have been happier.

On Saturday, we decided to celebrate a true American holiday by blowing stuff up. We nearly drove to Mexico, and I think my parents were getting a little nervous, but in the end, we got where we were going and it was only a little bit shady.

I was more happy than I can tell you to destroy our old dishes! Everyone helped!
Soaking up the sunshine.

The Marine showing us how it is done

Mommy obviously doesn't know how to hold a firearm =) One day, I'm going to do a post with nothing but pictures of my mom holding bottles of diet coke.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

© Sand, sunshine, and sushi All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger