Teaching tid bits

Thursday, December 15, 2011

1. One of my 6th grade students was wearing a loose pleated skirt that was much, much, much too short. When she swung her backpack on, her skirt got caught under it, and she walked all the way down the hall with her entire butt showing. All of it. The good news? She was wearing tights. The bad news? She was not wearing anything under the tights. As far as I know, she never noticed. Pobrecita.

2. One of my (female) student's .................. middle name ................ is ................ (wait for it) .................. Rocketship. Seriously.

3. I'm taking the next few days off to do an early Christmas with Paul and the family before he leaves, so we had our class holiday celebration a bit early. I told the kids that I would bring in some crackers and fruit, and anything else they wanted they had to bring. Last night I went to Safeway to hold up my end of the deal and over heard the following conversation:
 "Oh, hey Sandy! What are you doing?"
 "Mike! Hi! Just picking up some treats. You?"
 "Same. Some stupid Spanish class fiesta tomorrow."
 "Me, too! Don't you just hate it..."
...and that's when I walked away. Quickly. I don't really feel bad because it's the first time all year I've done this, and it wasn't a requirement. But I also felt it was best that I peruse another aisle for a bit. Awkward...

4. I was in the middle of teaching a lesson the other day when one of my Dear Students dropped out of his desk and low crawled allllllllll the way to the front of the classroom. In the process, he crawled under 2 desks, a table, and my smart board. Then he low crawled allllllllll the way back to his desk. I said his name repeatedly during this journey, but he never looked up. When he was back at his desk, I said "Dear Student, uhh... what was that all about?" "What?" "Why did you crawl across the class?"  "Oh, I thought I saw something on the floor up there." Oh, right. That would be my mind. I recently lost it.




1 comments:

 

© Sand, sunshine, and sushi All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger